First of all i would like to explain why it is necessary to speed up your wordpress website. It is because now a days google ranking algoritham also needs site speed to rank in google. So if your site has bad loading speed. Then it will reduce your visitors or traffic. And low ranking of website in google search result.
10 Tips to Speed up your WordPress Website
- Choose a good hosting – You should choose good hosting with good features. Like it should provide you good bandwidth. Your hosting should be capable of handle large number of traffic at one time. Without crashing your website. You can Go with any hosting provider. But i personally use Hostinger you can also try it has 24×7 customer support. With response time of 0.5 second and 30 days money back guaranty. It’s upto you what you choose.
- Start with a solid framework/theme – You Theme should be light-weight and quite speedy. Which will take low time to load your website.
- Optimize images– You should reduce your image size you can also download plugin to optimize your images . It will help to load your website fast. You can download WP-SmushIt plugin it is free , and it optimize your all images.
- Optimize your homepage to loading time- Your home page should be clean and unique. Don’t put too much ads in your home page. Don’t add more widgets in your home page. Show 5-7 post in your homepage and show main points of post.
- Add LazyLoad to your images- LazyLoad is theprocess of having only one images of the all , as the reader goes on reading and scrolling image will automatically load . You can Download the jQuery Image Lazy Load plugin.in wordpress.